The Poynt terminals are capable of connecting with a phone hotspot. However, this is not recommended for two reasons. First, download and upload speeds are inconsistent with a hotspot. Second, the connection with a hotspot is not PCI compliant as it is not as secure as a secured wifi connection.
Articles in this section
- Customize the Customer Screen
- Accessing Settings
- Can I use my phone hotspot to connect to wifi?
- How do I reset my pin?
- How do I switch a user?
- How do I change my daily maintenance window?
- How do I update my address on the printed receipt?
- What size image should be uploaded for the custom background on the Poynt terminal?
- If the terminal loses network connection, how does the merchant know if the transaction processed or not?
- Selecting Language Preferences